This Privacy Statement explains the approach taken by AEG Joint Stock Company – Vietnam ("AEG Vietnam", “we” or “us”) toward the personal information and data that we collect about you (“Your Information”) when you visit this Website, electronically respond to our online advertisements or when you send us communications via any computer, mobile or other similar electronic devices (“Device”). It does not apply to information we collect in other ways e.g. when you are dealing with our staff in a branch or over the telephone. In these cases, there may be other privacy statements and terms and conditions that are applicable.
This Privacy Statement is limited to information and data collected on this Website, our online advertisements and electronic communications. Please read the privacy statements and terms and conditions of these third-party websites and decide whether they satisfactorily protect your rights.
Cookies are small data files which are placed on your Device when you visit certain parts of our Website or click on our online advertisements. Cookies and similar technologies are used to identify your Device for the following purposes:
- Allow our web server to determine whether the cookies setting on your web browser has been enabled or disabled so that we will know whether data can be collected from your web browser;
store your login preferences so you do not have to re-select that option when you return to the Website;
- Temporarily identify you after you have logged in to a secure page on our Website so that our web server can maintain a dialogue with your web browser in order for you to carry out certain activities;
temporarily allow you to carry information between pages of our Website to avoid having to re-enter that information;
- Track your visits to our Website and recognize your web browser when you are a repeat visitor so that we can gather statistics on the number of new and repeat visitors and evaluate site effectiveness;
temporarily store information on your link preferences and your movement between web pages to help us to improve the Website and provide a more useful experience;
- Make our Website more relevant to your interests; and
- Provide online advertisements or offers on our Website or third-party websites which are most likely to interest you.
The above cookies may be placed on your Device by us or by third parties on our behalf (for example, advertising networks and providers of external services like web traffic analysis services).
Most web browsers are initially set up to accept cookies. You can choose to ‘not accept’ cookies by changing the settings on your web browser but if you block all cookies, including strictly necessary cookies, you may find that certain features on our Website will not work properly.
(b) Online Forms
There are sections of the Website where we ask for personal information, for example, when you complete online forms to submit an enquiry, apply for a particular English course. Please ensure you also read any applicable Terms and Conditions for these products and services.
(c) Job Applicants
Personal information provided on our Website in connection with an application for employment will be used to determine your suitability for a position with the AEG Vietnam and, if applicable, your terms of employment or engagement. Your Information may also be used to monitor our recruitment initiatives and equal opportunities policies. Applicant details may be disclosed to third parties to verify or obtain additional information including education institutions, current/previous employers. Unsuccessful applications may be retained to match your skills to future job opportunities. These are usually retained for up for 12 months but please let us know if you do not wish us to retain Your Information for this purpose.
(d) Electronic Communications
If you contact us via email or Devices, we may keep a record of that correspondence, use and disclose Your Information in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
We will always treat Your Information as confidential. We will use good practices to keep it secure and will otherwise abide by the relevant data protection and privacy laws.
(a) Using Your Information – Purposes
The purposes for which AEG Vietnam processes personal data include the following:
- To provide you with the services you have requested and maintaining our relationship with you;
- Operational purposes including assessing your suitability for products and services and statistical analysis;
- Identity verification, sanctions screening and due diligence checks as may be required under applicable law, regulation or directive;
- Conducting market research and surveys with the aim of improving our products and services;
- To comply with law or regulation, including requests from local or foreign regulators, government, tax or law enforcement authorities;
- For the prevention and detection of crime (including, without limitation, money laundering, terrorism and fraud prevention, detection and prosecution);
- To seek professional advice, including, in connection with any legal proceedings (including any prospective legal proceedings), for obtaining legal advice or for establishing, exercising or defending legal rights;
- For marketing purposes;
- For academic centers nearby.
Please ensure you also read the Terms and Conditions applicable to these products and services.
We generally do not use Your Information for marketing purposes but if you apply for products and services on the Website or on any other authorized website by Us, Your Information may be used to inform you about other related products and services of AEG Vietnam that may be of interest.
If you do not wish to be contacted in this way please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
(c) Disclosing Your Information
We may disclose personal data for any of the purposes specified above to:
- Any officer, employee or director of AEG Vietnam, third party service providers, agents or independent contractors providing services to support the Group's business operations under a duty of confidentiality to AEG Vietnam;
- Any person to whom disclosure is allowed or required by law, regulation or any other applicable instrument;
- Any court, tribunal, regulator (including national and/or international regulator), enforcement agency or other authority where we are required to do so by applicable law and/or regulation; any authority or regulator; any directive, order or request of any authority or regulator; or any agreement with a regulator or an authority;
- Any actual or potential participant or sub-participant or assignee, novatee or transferee of AEG Vietnam’s rights and/or obligations under any transaction between any company member and you.
(a) The Internet is not a secure form of communication and sending and receiving information over the Internet carries with it risks including the risk of access and interference by unauthorized third parties. It is your responsibility to maintain the secrecy of any user ID and login password you hold.
(b) Information passing over the Internet may be transmitted internationally (even when sender and recipient are located in the same country) via countries with weaker privacy and data protection laws than in your country of residence. As a result, we do not accept responsibility or liability for the confidentiality, security or integrity of Your Information in connection with its transmission over the Internet.
(c) In order to maintain the security of our systems, protect our staff, record transactions, and, in certain circumstances, to prevent and detect crime or unauthorized activities, we reserve the right to monitor all Internet communications including web and email traffic into and out of our domains.